If you’ve been charged with a misdemeanor or felony crime in Albany, New York, it is in your best interest to seek the counsel and representation of an experienced criminal defense attorney. Albany, NY, prosecutors are eager to convince a judge or jury of your guilt. Are you going to be adequately prepared to defend yourself? Consider the five reasons below for hiring a criminal defense attorney in Albany or Schenectady, NY, then call the Law Office of Matthew J. Swedick, Esq. to schedule a free initial consultation. Our law office is available 24/7 for legal representation. Call anytime at (518) 765-0300 to speak directly to an attorney.
When facing any criminal charge, you want to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney from the Law Office of Matthew J. Swedick because we will:
• Guide you through the legal process. We’ll assist you through the process of completing paperwork, attending court hearings and performing other courtroom procedures.
• Examine all available evidence. To build a strong defense, you need all available evidence. This includes knowing what evidence the prosecution has as well.
• Construct a viable defense. Presenting evidence, calling expert witnesses and refuting the prosecution are all part of a solid defense.
• Work to achieve alternative sentencing. You need an attorney when seeking plea bargains and alternative sentences to minimize the consequences of a conviction.
• Work to preserve your record. Chances of acquittal are much higher with a criminal defense attorney. A conviction will damage your record and can prevent you from getting the job you want.
There are many ways to approach DWI and drug possession charges. A criminal justice attorney based in Albany, NY, and serving Schenectady, NY and surrounding areas, will assess the circumstances of your charge and help you take actions that are best for you.
DWI charges often involve filing paperwork for restricted driving privileges, such as revocations and the installation of ignition interlock devices. Your DWI attorney will guide you through the paperwork and help you understand the conditions of your new driving privileges.
When facing drug charges, your criminal defense attorney can help you obtain alternative sentencing, which can minimize jail time and help prevent future drug charges. Call today to schedule a free consultation with a DWI and criminal defense attorney in Albany, New York.
No matter how severe or insignificant your charge may seem, you will benefit from the counsel and representation of an experienced criminal defense attorney in Albany, New York. Our lawyer is well versed in a variety of criminal charges including DWI and domestic violence. Call today to schedule a free consultation regarding criminal defense for traffic offenses and misdemeanor and felony charges including weapons and drug related crimes, in Albany, New York. Our law office is available at any time for legal counsel and representation.Call (518) 765-0300 whenever you need professional legal assistance.